Responder

BRINGING INACCESSIBLE TECHNOLOGY TO VOLUNTEER FIREFIGHTERS

problem

The scale of the New Jersey Seaside fire of 2013 could have been prevented if volunteer firefighters had access to technology that would have helped them coordinate a proper response. 

In the U.S,, 87% of all firefighters are volunteers and work at fire stations that rely on fund raising from the community. The other 13% are “career firefighters” and work at fully funded fire stations sponsored by metropolitan cities. Legacy systems used by sponsored fire stations start at $100k and can cost up to $1 MM+ for an end-to-end solution, keeping the technology out of reach for volunteers.

Business Challenge

Deliver a proof of concept prototype, business model that delivers the capabilities and value of expensive legacy systems at a fraction of the cost, along with some form of validation (sales, value, etc.) for the concept.

Responder_iPad_Forever.gif